Company: Milexa Group
Position: Web Developer
Location: Liverpool City Centre (Baltic Triangle)
Reports to: Jon Thornton (Head of Development)
Salary: £25,000 – £28,000
The mission of a Web Developer is to continue the development of our ecommerce websites and drive forward the technology that they use. To maintain and continue building our in-house custom platforms that support the rest of the business internally, especially customer service and production. Support the Head of Development with technical advances and how to introduce these into the company and our websites.
You will have a varied role, working across multiple ecommerce websites and internal custom platforms. You will be required to work within our development process and also help to improve this, bringing fresh ideas to the team. There will be a variety of work to undertake during sprints from multiple departments as well as ad-hoc tasks, so time management and problem solving is key for this role.
Role Objectives & Outcomes/Goals
- Completing web development tasks in our backlog on time and without defects
- Contributing towards the future technologies we can use for our websites and platforms
- Providing technical support for the Development Team and to the other departments in the company
- Development and maintenance of current e-commerce websites
- Development and maintenance of current in-house platforms
- Helping to drive forward and deliver on exciting new web-based technologies to drive forward the business, including custom builds and apps
- Optimising areas of the business with web development
- Integrating with third party API’s and software platforms
- Automating manual processes to improve productivity in the business
Skills, Competencies, Experience & Personal Attributes
- Excellent knowledge of PHP (At least 3 years experience)
- Experience with Web Servers (Apache/Nginx)
- Knowledge of EC2 or similar cloud based hosting providers
- Excellent knowledge WordPress/WooCommerce
- Strong understanding of databases (MySQL/MongoDB)
- Strong analytical, problem solving and debugging skills
- Experience in working with a version control system such as Git
- Excellent time management skills/The ability to manage your own time successfully and prioritise effectively
- Strong portfolio of backend development
- Experience with Lavarel and Docker (Desirable)
If you have not received a response within 14 days of application then we’re afraid that on this occasion you’ve not been successful.
About Milexa Group
We believe good design matters. Our goal is to improve people’s lives through enriching their environments, inspiring and enabling people to realise the potential of thoughtful design in their surroundings.
We do this responsibly, shaping our products and practices with respect for the well-being of both people and the planet. We combine great design with digital innovation, and vertically integrate to create world leading brands that enrich environments, one space at a time.
Our business is based around innovation and creativity, and we’re passionate about developing people as well as products. Everyone has an important role to play in our organisation and it is a place where all ideas are listened to and people are given the freedom to make a real impact and develop their skills.
We’re passionate about our company values and want people who align well with them to join our team. If you feel that you’re well-aligned with our core values then we’d love to hear from you.
Be Remarkable – Bold. Committed. Push for excellence. Digs deep. Creative. Passionate. Gives 100%. Quality & detail-focused.
Be a Pioneer – Innovative. Drives change. Creative. New ideas. Always learning. Bold. Risk-tolerant. Open-minded. Adventurous.
Be Sharp – Focus on impact. Efficient. Moves fast. Cuts through.
Focus on Customers – Start with the customer. Removes friction. Creates a wow customer experience. Empathetic. Uses data & feedback.
Support and Grow – Team player. Collaborative. Helps and grows others. Open. Makes a positive difference. Supportive. Happy. Authentic.
Make it Happen – Seizes responsibility and empowerment. Takes ownership. Tenacious. Delivers results.